Do you know what it means to be woke? If you’re not sure, it’s time to get educated, because the woke culture is coming for your children.
First of all, what does “woke” even mean? Merriam Webster tell us, awake is often rendered as woke, as in, “I was sleeping, but now I’m woke.” ‘Woke’ is increasingly used as a byword for social awareness.” The true definition, if you’re paying attention, is that you’ve shaken off old-fashioned traditions and are opening your mind to all sorts of social justice issues (even when, and despite the fact that, they go against your common sense and your conscience).
In order to illustrate how this movement is coming for you children, let me just use current headlines:
- Hasbro Rolls Out Gender Neutral ‘Mr. Potato Head’ Toy
- Under Armour Mandated That White Employees Watch Anti-White Diversity Training Videos
- California Bill Requires ‘Gender Neutral’ Stores, Fines Retailers $1000 For Having Separate ‘Boy’ And ‘Girl’ Toy Departments
- Report: Amazon Quietly Debuted New Policy Ending Sales Of Books Labeled ‘Hate Speech’
- ‘A World Of Ubiquitous Racism’: New Attack On Game Of Monopoly
- ‘The Simpsons’ Recasts Voice Of Black Doctor After 31 Years Played By White Actor
- Dr. Seuss Books Like Horton Hears a Who! Branded Racist and Problematic in New Study
- http://NY principal asks students’ parents to reflect on their ‘whiteness’
- Coca-Cola slammed for diversity training that urged workers to be ‘less white’
- Teachers Trained to Assist Children with Transitioning…and Hide it From Parents
Do I need to go on?
You will notice, if you read the articles, that in order to be “woke,” you must believe two things: 1) that gender is a social construct and, 2) that being white is bad. It’s ironic, because these are both things you are born with, but the woke crowd would tell you that one is fluid and the other is just wrong.
The woke culture is coming for your children
You may wonder why I say this, if it’s just Coca-Cola employees and Amazon book sales. Let me assure you: if it’s in the work place and corporate America, it’s also in the schools and in children’s entertainment. In fact, if you don’t see it, you’re already behind the times.
A few months ago, I was invited to join a Facebook group for conservative school teachers. It’s been a sad and interesting ride. Teachers are being forced to undergo professional development training on all things “diversity” and wokeness. They are being told to read White Fragility, to rate their intersectionality, and to learn hhow to teach all of this drivel in the classroom.
In addition, they are forced to remain silent if a student claims to be another gender. Parents are not allowed to know that their child is pretending to be the opposite sex and using different names and pronouns on school grounds.
If these teachers do not go along, they will lose their jobs. Many are, in fact, quitting, or seeking school districts that don’t push wokeness. But it’s getting harder and harder to do.
Don’t believe it’s real? Check out these links:
Here’s a handy PDF for teachers and administrators on Dismantiling Racism in Mathematics Instruction. Yep, it’s real. Or how about this proposal in Illinois, to integrate wokeness across the board in all curruculum:
In Michigan, ‘Equity’ Training Calls ‘Objectivity’ A Form Of White Supremacy. So, having right and wrong answers is actually racist, according to the woke mob. And don’t you try to teach Homer or Shakespeare, because they were just clueless old white dead guys. Maryland schools are even helping their preschoolers become “anti-racits.” Go visit #DisruptTexts to see just how insane it really is.
I could share links for days. It’s all real and it’s everywhere. If you’re not sure how it’s affecting your school district, look for terms like diversity, inclusion, equity, equality, and anti-racist, for starters. Ask your school staff if they have undergone training of this type. And educate yourself and your children on the toxic message of critical race theory. It’s everywhere and it’s poison.
What’s most disturbing about this is that instead of providing a quality education to the students of America, they are increasingly taking away the right and the ability to think critically, to read and learn, to understand all kinds of people and events, and to even do math correctly. If it’s racist to demand right answers, then what is the point?
You know what I’m going to say: get your kids out now. Like, yesterday.
Woke children’s entertainment
All I can really say is that I hope you don’t even let your children watch children’s programming. It’s no good. It’s a waste of childhood. But in case you think that cute little cartoon characters can’t be woke, think again.
Buzzfeed has put together a handy list of children’s TV shows that feature gay characters. No show is immune. It’s the trendy thing to do. Don’t just assume. Research everything.
And what about critical theory? This is more subtle. Teaching white kids that they’re bad isn’t so blatant on TV. But just watch. Watch the white kids disappear and the POC (people of color) replace them. Watch the commercials. The programming is sublte.
Wokenss is everywhere
You can’t pinpoint a certain class at school that’s going to teach wokeness as its own subject. You can’t just turn on the TV for a straightforward education on wokenss for children. Tht’s not how this works. It’s embedded into every aspect of our society today. And besides the school curriculum and children’s entertainment, social media is rife with it.
Do you know what this means for parents? Two things: 1) your kids don’t need to be on social media until they are mature enough to see messages like this without being easily swayed, and 2) consider their friends. If your kids’ friends watch regular TV, go to school, have social meda, and carry smart phones everywhere, then your kids’ friends are already being indoctrinated.
What you can you do?
- As I said above and will always say: get your kids out of the public school system now. It’s not too late, but it’s getting very close. If you think it’s not in your school and among your child’s friends, think again.
I would not say this without telling you how possible it is. I literally wrote the book on it. Everyone can teach their own children. The woke culture wants your children, and they have government funding and radical activists on their side. It’s time for parents to be just as radical. It’s time for parents to be sacrifice whatever they have to.
- 2. Stay informed on the woke culture and its idiocy. That’s exactly what it is. Read the headlines to your kids (I’d suggest upper elementary and older). Ask them what they think about those stories. Ask them to put their thoughts into words. Give them the opportunity to work through these messages. Mentor them. Teach them.
Read my article about critical race theory. Learn to recognize it, and teach your kids to do the same. Equip them now, while they are young. America is going to need wise and discerning adults, and it’s up to you and me to raise them.
- 3. Get your family in the scriptures. It’s easy to spot the problems with woke culture when you know the Word of God. We were created in God’s image, male and female. (Genesis 1:27) Remind them that the Ten Commandments teach us not to covet. Demanding equity and equality and fairness are all covetousness. Instead, we should be teaching our children to love all humans, as God loves us. Teach them that racism is a sin, and it comes from a sinful heart. It is not inherent in your skin color. Read the book One Race, One Blood from Answers in Genesis. They even have a version for kids!
Don’t let the woke gods have your children. Raise an army of wise and fearless adults who will not bow to the culture.