In my ever-growing quest to understand the world we live in, I’m always questioning how we live today vs. how our ancestors lived. This leads to some very interesting discoveries, especially in regards to food and health.
With my reading and research, I’ve come to this very simple conclusion: the industrial revolution (and its subsequent inventions and progress through the 19th and 20th centuries) have made our world more convenient but far less healthy. I’m not anti-progress. I love air-conditioning and the internet and my car. I love online shopping, washing machines, my crock pot, and Dr Pepper.
But with each invention that has made our lives a little easier, I believe we’ve lost so many other beneficial parts of the human existence.
When we throw our laundry in the washer, we miss out on the physical exercise that our foremothers got when scrubbing clothes on a washboard, and we miss the fresh air and sunshine that are so vital to our health when we opt for a dryer instead of a clothesline.
When we depend on a grocery store for every single need, we are at the mercy of food manufacturers and their various questionable practices. We miss out on freshly raised, chemical free, locally grown meat, dairy, and produce. When we purchase a cart full of food, we miss the exercise, sunshine, and fresh air that we would get from working with animals and growing food in the garden.
As a replacement, we pay for gym memberships and exercise equipment to get the exercise our bodies need. And often we don’t even use these forms of exercise because frankly, they’re mindless and boring.
We replace the healthy foods with powdered concoctions, shakes, and supplements that cost more money and are often still loaded with unnecessary and harmful additives.
I believe that modern inventions (while cool) have removed us further from God’s design for us. We no longer live close to the earth. We don’t have an intimate knowledge of the seasons, foods, and the world around us. We continually add new inventions that give us the ability to work less and relax more, and yet we are a fatter, sicker, and more depressed people than ever.
I’ve asked myself many questions over many years, which have led me here. Questions such as
- what causes crooked teeth?
- why do we need special supportive shoes for running?
- what’s wrong with dairy?
- what’s wrong with wheat?
- why are so many people suddenly allergic to peanuts?
- why are so many people chronically ill?
- what causes cancer?
- how can eggs be bad?
- what did dogs and cats eat before the invention of commercial pet foods?
We have a food industry that creates experiments and packages them up as food. We have a pharmaceutical industry that profits from masking symptoms instead of providing cures.
People claim that America has the best medical system in the world. But it appears they are only keeping us sick. If you don’t believe me, look at the people around you, count the pharmaceutical commercials in an hour of TV programming, and list the illnesses in just your family alone.
I generally create Pinterest boards to save information, but because alternative health topics are so controversial, Pinterest limits (and even deletes) pins of that nature. Facebook has a save feature, complete with categories, but it’s cumbersome, and also heavily censored. I own this website, so the content is my own. If you’re interested in keeping up with me on this topic, sign up [below] for emails from me specifically on Radical Healthy Living.
Now, be prepared to think WAY outside the box.
[ this page is a work in progress ]
My blog posts on this topic:
- Think Outside the Miracle of Modern Medicine
- A Different Look at the Healthcare Issue
- Old Fashioned Prairie Medicine
- Weston A Price Foundation
- Vegetarianism and Nutrient Deficiencies
- The Case for Raw Milk (documents)
- Diet Soda and the Relationship Between Infections and Mental Disorders
- Association of Frequency of Organic Food Consumption With Cancer Risk
- The Great Con-ola
- Another Effect of Sugar
Disputing Conventional Medicine
- Is There a Cure for Autoimmune Disease?
- Why Your Doctor is Wrong About Cholesterol
- How to Detox Heavy Metals to Help End Exhaustion and Chronic Fatigue
- LDL Cholesterol Does Not Cause Cardiovascular Disease
- Fever and the Nature of Acute Disease
- How Bacteria Help Our Body Survive
Magnesium Treats Depression Better Than Antidepressant Drugs
Panic Attacks And Anxiety Episodes Linked To Vitamin Deficiencies In Groundbreaking Study
- Soaring antidepressant use is turning our waters into a ‘drug soup’
Exercise and Fitness
Couch Potatoes and Marathon Runners
Chemicals Around Us
- US Government Admits: Americans Have Been Overdosed on Fluoride For Decades
- FLUORIDATION MAY NOT PREVENT CAVITIES, SCIENTIFIC REVIEW SHOWS
- 18 Lipstick Brands That Contain Cancer-Causing Heavy Metals
- Weekly Use of Chemical Cleaners Comparable to Pack-A-Day Smoking
- EXPERTS PRESENT EVIDENCE OF FLUORIDE’S NEUROTOXICITY
- Brain Imaging Shows Autistic Brains Contain HIGH Amounts of Aluminum
- BPA alternative disrupts normal brain-cell growth, is tied to hyperactivity
- Illegal Cancer-Causing Chemicals Found in Nearly 100 Shampoo Brands
- New To Researching Vaccines? Articles to Get You Started
- CDC’s Own Data Support Link Between MMR Vaccine and Autism
- The Age of Polio: How an Old Virus and New Toxins Triggered a Man-Made Epidemic
- Aluminium in vaccines may cause autism, controversial new research suggests.
- Hepatitis B Vaccine can cause MS
- Vaccine Realities that Big Pharma Doesn’t Teach Us Doctors
- Pediatric cancer linked to childhood vaccines, sobering NEW TRENDS revealed
- Vaccine Compensation Data For Nov 2018
Leave a Reply