I recently had the chance to sit down with Luke Macias of Texas Scorecard to debate the topic of school choice vouchers for homeschoolers. Luke is a homeschool graduate who supports voucher legislation in Texas. After a brief Twitter exchange, he invited me on to discuss the issue and my concerns about homeschool freedom, and how I believe vouchers are a threat to that freedom.
This post contains affiliate links.
I am a firm believe in private education remaining private. I do not believe this will be possible if the state gives homeschool parents a voucher in the amount of $3,000-7,000 per year. (This is based on previously introduced legislation in Texas.) Listen to our discussion here.
- Understanding School Choice
- Homeschool Legal Defense Association: The Civic Virtue of Private Home Education
- The Republican Roots of School Choice
- YouTube with Deb Filman: Understanding School Choice
- Everything You Need to Know About Texas Homeschool Law
Read my book Anyone Can Homeschool to understand why homeschooling is not only possible, it is within reach of any parent who desires it, and it will not require a government handout.